Organization: Dexis Consulting Group
Closing date: 30 Jun 2017
Dexis is seeking an experienced Travel/Training/Logistics Coordinator for an anticipated USAID project, that is expected to provided administrative, logistical, and technical support to USAID Uganda. This is a long-term position expected to start in latter half of 2017. This position is contingent upon award.
- Provide travel, training and logistics support services.
- Arrange lodging for short-term (generally less than 6 months) visitors including USAID staff, consultants, and others
- Facilitate travel for short-term visitors, personnel and consultants. This includes preparing travel authorizations, obtaining country clearances, arranging for transport to and from airport and other locations
- Address long-term staff housing matters, including oversight and management of maintenance, repairs, re-location, furnishing, guards, etc.
- Assist in obtaining VAT exemptions for eligible staff, contractors and others
- Support entry and movement of household effects of eligible staff on long-term assignments
- Assist in visa and work permit matters
- Perform other travel and relocation management related tasks as requested by the COR or CO
- Training related tasks to include:
- Development of newcomer orientation materials
- Support the Mission Training Committee
- Draft personnel handbooks, policies, and operations manuals
- Plan and conduct staff training activities, including training, mentoring and awards programs
- Identify and contract for training venue, travel of participants, and other duties as assigned
- Perform other HR and training tasks as requested by the COR or CO
- Supervise and manage a team of four roving secretaries.
- Mentor team of eight administrative staff on administrative career paths. Train each on current systems and updates.
- Manage USAID/Tanzania’s security issues including building access, clearances for staff and TDYers and weekly briefings
- Post-secondary relevant technical degree (e.g., secretary, travel management, hospitality) or two years of college
- Three years’ experience in providing travel, training and logistics support services
- Proficiency in spoken and written English, working knowledge of Kiswahili desirable
- US Citizen.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Winner of the 2014 Small Business of the Year at the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and working in nearly 90 countries in FY 2015 for USAID and the Department of State, Dexis supports US federal agencies in the areas of program monitoring and evaluation, program learning, and program support. We are not only one of the fastest growing firms in international development, we are rated among the highest among our peers on employee-reviewed sites.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.
How to apply:
Please apply online at – https://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=DEXISCONSULTINGGROUP&cws=1&rid=1098
Powered by Jobs Uganda