Organization: Dexis Consulting Group
Closing date: 30 Jun 2017
Dexis is seeking an experienced Procurement Specialist anticipated USAID project, that is expected to provide administrative, logistical, and technical support to USAID Uganda. This is a long-term position expected to start in latter half of 2017. This position is contingent upon award.
- Provide simple acquisition procedures (professional services contracts, purchase orders, blanket purchase agreements, basic employment contracts);
- Initiate vendor database management.
- Review incoming procurement requests, establish priorities and perform appropriate and necessary preparations based on the type of procurement requested]
- Advise USAID/Tanzania staff on procurement policies and other pertinent considerations affecting procurement requests
- Review all procurement requests for compliance with established guidelines such as Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), AIDAR and ADS prior to initiating action
- Manage deadlines and track the status of requests according to priority assigned
- Perform contract administration and follow-up on delinquent deliverables and services
- Review Statements of Work (SOWs), PSC position descriptions, Purchase Orders, Requests for Quotations (RFQs), announcements, and other solicitations, quotes, proposals, bids and invoices, and other procurement documents for accuracy or as otherwise needed to fulfill the procurement action; facilitate correction or require follow-up actions
- Identify and post procurement solicitations and other notices in public places in newspapers, and in other outlets determined to provide broad and easy access for a wide range of potential interested parties
- Organize and coordinate technical evaluation committees to review proposals or other technical submissions and obtain technical evaluation reports supporting technical decisions related to the procurement action
- Negotiate contracts, prepare the award document and prepare or assemble all required supporting file documentation for submission to the Executive Officer for signature
- Initiate Buyer and Requester procurement actions in USAID’s Global Acquisition and Assistance System (GLAAS)
- Maintain a tracking system of all procurement documents, from purchase requests, to receipt of procured goods or services by the requestor in GLAAS
- Screen and review quotations, bids, proposals or other offers
- Track due dates for required contractor deliverables including status/progress reports; provide update to EXO and the requesting office of successful delivery or potential delay
- Coordinate timely funding and payment with Office of Financial Management (OFM) and work with OFM to resolve funding or other finance-related problems
- Process closeout of procurement actions from Executive Office and from USAID/Tanzania’s Office of Acquisition and Assistance (OAA)
- Develop proposed resolution of audit findings on contracts
- Keep abreast of market conditions including pricing, availability and suppliers of commonly purchased supplies and services
- Manage vendor relationships
- Review requests for cash purchases, to ensure cost is fair and reasonable prior to approval
- Report procurement actions via EPICs, GLAAS and other WEB-based tools, and prepare reports in ASSIST, in coordination, with OFM and OAA
- Perform other procurement tasks as requested by the COR or CO
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional procurement experience is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of international best practices in procurement procedures, project administration, contract procedures and project follow-up.
- Experience working with USAID preferred
- Excellent communication skills and experience in working with high level government officials and business executives.
- A demonstrated background in procurement utilizing the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) desired.
- Previous experience using GLAAS system. GLASS certification desirable
- Fluency in English required. Knowledge of Kiswahili desirable
- US Citizen.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Winner of the 2014 Small Business of the Year at the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) With over 15 years of experience, Dexis specializes in creating custom-tailored, adaptable, and effective international development solutions. Operating in over 70 countries, we support clients like the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), U.S. Department of State, Department of Defense, and multilateral agencies. We are one of the fastest growing firms in international development and our staff report some of the highest levels of job satisfaction in our industry.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.
How to apply:
Powered by Jobs Uganda