Organization: UN High Commissioner for Refugees
Closing date: 03 May 2017
Job ID 13848
The position of the Operation Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is located in the Branch Office in Kampala. The incumbent reports to the Deputy Representative, works with other functions related to programme management and protection and has substantive contacts with all field offices in the country.
The incumbent works closely with all sections in the Branch Office and Field Offices as required. The first step to supporting management and capturing effects in order to fulfil essential tasks would be to explore on how to solidify the existing monitoring and evaluation set of indicators.
The Operation Monitoring and Evaluation Officer works with other units and divisions to ensure operational support and guidance is strengthen to programme and protection priorities. To achieve this, the incumbent will need to build and maintain effective relationships within and beyond the division as well as broader network of external stakeholders who can contribute to operationalizing protection.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University degree in International Humanitarian or Human Rights Law, Law, International Development, International Relations, Social Sciences or a related field.
- Minimum 8 years (6 with advanced university degree) of relevant professional working experience, including three years at the international level in a relevant field(s).
- Excellent English drafting and communication skills and working knowledge of another UN language.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Experience of protection, or community based protection work with UNHCR.
- Experience of programme or project design.
- Coordination and strategy development skills.
- Advanced computer skills.
- A demonstrated results orientation in work methods, ability to work independently and in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances and to handle requests or issues as they arise.
- Work experience in protection programming and coordination in humanitarian settings.
- Demonstrated capacities in Results-Based Management, including monitoring and evaluation, linking protection programmes and budgets.
- Experience in designing and implementing planning processes, including strategic planning.
- Please note that the closing date for all vacancies in the Add. 1 to March 2017 Compendium is Wednesday, 3 May 2017 (midnight Geneva time).
How to apply:
Job ID 13848
To apply please go to the UNHCR Careers Page, international vacancies section:http://www.unhcr.org/careers.html.
Deadline: 3 May 2017 (midnight Geneva time).
UNHCR encourages female candidates.
Powered by Jobs Uganda