Closing date: 03 May 2017
Career with BRAC International
With over 100,000 employees reaching an estimated 138 million people, BRAC is the world’s largest non-governmental organisation.
BRAC is a development success story, spreading anti-poverty solutions born in Bangladesh to 10 other developing countries in Asia and Africa, making it a global leader in providing opportunities for the world’s poor.
With a holistic approach that uses a wide array of tools including microfinance, education, healthcare, legal services and more, BRAC invests in communities’ own human and material resources, catalysing lasting change and creating an ecosystem in which the poor have the chance to seize control of their own lives. Of the world’s top development and humanitarian relief organisations, BRAC is one of the few based in the global south. BRAC International is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill up the following position:
Lead/Manager HR & Training, Uganda
The purpose of this role is to provide customised HR relationship management and services to all of BRAC Uganda. The key responsibilities are as follows:
· Maintaining the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
· Maintaining organisation staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
· Maintaining a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
· Maintaining a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay
· Ensuring planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
· Maintaining employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
· Ensuring legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
· Maintaining management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
· Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Completing human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
· Maintaining human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
· Maintaining human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
· Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Good understanding of all current labour laws and best practice
· Ability to work and manage compensation and Wage Structure
· Excellent interpersonal, particularly staff/management relation skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work and produce accurate results in an environment with multiple and challenging tasks
· Master degree preferred from any reputed university concentrating on Human Resource related field.
· Human Resource related membership in a Professional HR body is an added advantage
5 to 8 years of experience in relevant field.
Employment type: Contractual
Job Location: BRAC Uganda.
How to apply:
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to apply online through careers.brac.net or email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at email@example.com
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 22/17 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: May 03, 2017
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Powered by Jobs Uganda