Organization: Dexis Consulting Group
Closing date: 30 Jun 2017
IT and Innovation Specialist, Uganda Support Services
Dexis is seeking an experienced IT and Innovation Specialist for an anticipated USAID project, that is expected to provided administrative, logistical, and technical support to USAID Uganda. This is a long-term position expected to start in latter half of 2017. This position is contingent upon award.
- Provide IT support and helpdesk services in a Google (GApps / G Suite) productivity environment.
- Design and implement innovative improvements to business processes, systems, technology, and work flows, as well as explore ways to use mobile solutions to achieve objectives
- Create and apply structured change management approach and methodology for the adoption of the MyUSAID platform through training, individual assistance, support to teams and offices, and leadership to the IT section.
- Manage the transfer of files and documents to MyUSAID and transition clearances, communications, and utilization of this platform.
- Improve methods of capturing, processing, and reporting data and fostering collaboration.
- Improve USAID/Tanzania’s ability to function in a more mobile and remote manner through telework, use of offsite locations, and utilization of wireless capability within the USAID building.
- Increase the use of emerging technology tools, applications, and equipment by filling gaps in knowledge and competencies.
- Support telework through data collection and IT trouble shooting and promote the increased use of wireless and remote access devices.
- Collaborate with various groups within USAID/Tanzania to identify areas for improvement and design, implement business systems and procedures to streamline workflows and maximize efficiency and guide the USAID/Tanzania’s iChampions group to experiment with innovative solutions and increase staff proficiency and confidence in technology-based initiatives.
- Provide coaching and technical expertise to the EXO/IT team to foster excellent customer service and responsiveness to various IT needs of the Mission*.*
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or relevant subject area.
- 5 years of applicable experience in providing technological support to US government or International Development Organization; experience working with USAID preferred.
- Experience providing IT analysis and advice on programs in relevance to government agencies or international organizations preferred.
- Experience working with MyUSAID, TIBBR strongly preferred
- US Citizen.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Winner of the 2014 Small Business of the Year at the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) With over 15 years of experience, Dexis specializes in creating custom-tailored, adaptable, and effective international development solutions. Operating in over 70 countries, we support clients like the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), U.S. Department of State, Department of Defense, and multilateral agencies. We are one of the fastest growing firms in international development and our staff report some of the highest levels of job satisfaction in our industry.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.
How to apply:
Please apply online at – https://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=DEXISCONSULTINGGROUP&cws=1&rid=1099
Powered by Jobs Uganda