Organization: World Wide Fund For Nature
Closing date: 24 Apr 2017
Position title: Human Resource Officer, WWF Uganda
Reports to: Country Director, WWF Uganda
Location: Kampala – Uganda
I. Mission of the Department: To provide support to the Country Director in ensuring WWF Uganda applies the highest standards in human resources management in order to facilitate the implementation of the Conservation Strategy.
II. Major Functions
- Assists the Country Director on human resources issues in the Uganda Country Office to ensure they are managed fairly, effectively and efficiently;
- Provides advice and collaboration as appropriate to Uganda staff; With guidance from the Country Director and Regional HR Manager implements effective human resources organizational and management structures, policies, and processes;
- Liaising with the Country Director and lawyer, assists in ensuring that Uganda Country Office legal requirements in human resources are met, and that human resource practices adhere to WWF policies, procedures, and standards.
III. Major Duties and Responsibilities
- · Assists in the Implementation of human resources management as per the Uganda Country Office Strategic Plan;
- Maintains personnel contracts and checks that they are compliant with both WWF and Uganda national standards;
- Assists line managers with advise on appropriate training and capacity building of personnel;
- Maintains standard personnel data is stored appropriately, updated timely and available as required;
- Assists the Country Director in communication with all staff, in Uganda Country office and field staff as appropriate, on human resources matters that affect them;
- Carries out personnel recruitment, induction, performance appraisals, contract compliance, renewals and exits;
- Provide support to management to ensure the correct application of WWF Uganda policies that relate to personnel behaviour and policy compliance;
- Oversees payroll preparation and monitor staff internal loans;
- Provides data and local practice on annual remuneration reviews; assists Country Director in developing and maintenance of nation-wide approach to compensation and benefits;
- Responds to queries and requests for information on HR policies, working conditions, performance management systems and crisis management issues;
- Monitors the performance management outputs, liaise with management to develop and implement performance improvement and capacity building plans;
Maintains HR data and statistics and provide regular reports to the Country Director and SMT to facilitate continuous improvement;
Assists in the development and implementation of the Occupational Health & Safety Management System including; risk management, incident management, injury management, first aid program and workers compensation and rehabilitation;
Assists the Country Director with structuring the organization to facilitate delivery of the organization’s strategy;
Participates in the Senior Management Team meetings, UCO Support Group, Interim Board and other activities, in support of the Country Director and other Heads of Department
Provides HR support to the regional hubs/secretariats i.e. ARL, Energy, IGCP and Great Apes in liaison with ROA i.e. embedment of staff, job evaluation, review and alignment of contracts
Liaises and cooperates with WWF Internal auditor on HR related audits and self audits if/as required;
Carrying out regular internal audits on field projects on HR issues;
Provides secretariat to the Senior Management Team meetings, UCO Support Group, Interim Board and other activities, in support of the Country Director and other Heads of Department;
Provides support to the administrative function in line with the departmental guidelines i.e. oversight in office welfare, allocation of work space, environment;
Works closely with, and seeks support from, the Country Director and the Heads of Departments, and liaises regularly with the Regional HR for support, WWF International, and other WWF offices.
- Masters in Human Resources Management, Organisational Psychology with bachelor’s degree in related field
- Membership of a relevant professional body would be a strong asset;
- Proven track record in Human Resources administration and management;
- Experience working with an International NGO is an added advantage.
- At least 3years professional experience in human resources management at a senior level
Required Skills and Competencies
- Proven skills in administration and management of human resource;
- Demonstrated experience in applying human resources management protocols;
- Excellent inter-personal skills, and a good understanding of human relationships;
- Good guidance, counselling and negotiation skills, at all levels;
- Good team work skills;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
- Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Engaging, Optimistic, Determined and Knowledgeable
· Supervisory Responsibilities
V. Working Relationships
*Internal:** Interacts with the Country Director, Heads of Departments, all Uganda staff and teams on a daily basis, and as required coordinates and interacts with various project teams, the Regional HR Director and HR team, WWF International and other WWF Network staff.
*External:** Interacts with national governmental institutions, non-governmental organisations, academic institutions, the media, donors, specialists / consultants, and other stakeholders, in collaboration with the Country Director.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
How to apply:
Email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
The subject should read UCO-HRO2017.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for follow up. If you have not been contacted six (6) weeks after closing, consider your application unsuccessful.
Female and Ugandan nationals applicants are encouraged.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce
Powered by Jobs Uganda