Organization: Danish Refugee Council
Closing date: 03 May 2017
This position is based in Kyaka II and will be providing support to the implementation of DRC Program. The job will require frequent travel within the project Area.
Position & Reporting Line:
Finance and Administrative Assistant is responsible and reports to the project Manager Kyaka II
The Finance and Administration Assistant will facilitate the efficient and effective financial/administrative operation of DRC operational office. She/he will ensure compliance with all DRC Operations Handbook Manual (OHB) alongside donor policies, procedures, guidelines and rules.
She/he will seek and receive policy guidance/ instructions and support from Project Manager, Financial Manager on their respective areas of responsibilities.
· Maintain financial files (physical and soft copies) and records according to DRC Operations handbook.
· Assist with preparation of the budget.
· Implement financial policies and procedures.
· Establish the cash requirements, and maintain adequate cash levels and related cash controls, safe custody of safe keys.
· Ensure weekly cash counts and reconciliations by DRC Operational office are conducted every Friday of the week, reviewed by the Project Manager and filled in Kampala for review by Finance Manager the following Monday.
· Ensure month end cash counts are properly supervised and submitted to DRC Country office in Kampala by 1st of every month.
· Confirm that full accountabilities (documentations) are obtained for all expenditures and validity of claims all financial claims.
· Ensure weekly cashbooks’ preparation with complete documentations for all the projects for review by Project/Finance manager every Friday of the week.
· Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the cash books on a daily basis.
· Maintain and reconcile daily, weekly and monthly cash books and budget follow ups.
· Prepare and reconcile bank statements.
· Ensure that monthly cash books are submitted to Finance Manager 5th of every month.
· Process approved payments of supplier / service provider invoices on the basis of complete documentation.
· Prepare schedules for all taxes withheld or paid on a monthly basis where relevant and submit to Finance Manager for verification before submission to the relevant authorities.
· Assist with the monthly, quarterly and annual DRC and donor reports preparation.
· Supporting Finance and Project Managers to adequately prepare for both internal and independent audits.
· Ensure copies of project files and related documents are submitted to DRC Country office, Kampala for back up storage in both hard and soft copies.
· Keep copies of all documents submitted to DRC Country office in Kampala in file for reference.
- Supervise scanning of vouchers and supporting documents and sees that proper filing is done in accordance with donor requirements and / or DRC OHB manual.
- Inform the Finance Manager/Project Manager on all financial issues which can affect the execution of the DRC Programmes.
· Ensure the safeguarding of all available funds.
· Prepare Payment Vouchers and review Order Requests in accordance with the approved authority Matrix and running budgets.
· Reconcile the accounts payables.
· Accurately prepare the necessary documents, compile source documents and daily postings of all the paid transactions in the cash books.
· Reconcile the accounts receivables/advances and Issue receipts for all the funds received.
· Prepare and submit staff details including Timesheets to Human Resources Officer for verification and computations.
- Responsible for efficient functioning of the field offices and Residence compounds in the field.
- Responsible for the storage and restocking of office consumables (Stationery and Kitchen etc) for field offices.
- Advice and support the Program Manager or the designate on all administration and premises-related matters within the office.
- Coordinate and forward to the Administrator all travel requirements local and international and procure travel tickets.
- Monitor all service contracts (compound, internet etc) and forward renewal contract needs to the Administrator. Ensure related contract payments are done before expiry of contract period.
- Supervise the office attendant and Guards.
- Responsible for update of all e files in the back-up hard drive on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for timely scanning of all vouchers and timely submission to the Kampala office for onward dispatch to HQ on a monthly basis.
Support the Administrator in the creation of standard Contracts for Works, Goods and Services in line with local regulations.
Ensure a proper filing system is put in place at FO level for any Contracts in a separate file, using a chronological sequencing of contracts per project. This requires the release of Statements of Contracts for each Contract as per DRC template.
Ensure contracts are respected and paid for according to agreed terms of payments.
Manage any other relevant administrative management issues.
Uphold the DRC’s Code of Conduct.
Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
How to apply:
Applications should be in English and include the following:
A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria and salary expectations.
Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
The application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and the subject line should read Finance/Administration Assistant– Kyaka II .The deadline for submission of applications is the 03rd May 2017.
We thank applicants for their interest in the position however; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Powered by Jobs Uganda