Organization: CARE USA
Closing date: 19 Apr 2017
At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2015, CARE worked in 95 countries and reached 65 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
CARE is seeking a leader of the Emergency Response Team, responsible and accountable for developing, coordinating and managing all emergency activities. The Team Leader is responsible for the quality and effectiveness of CARE’s emergency response within his/her designated area of responsibility. S/he will spearhead the development of project operational plans, guidelines and approaches necessary for the effective delivery of project interventions. The Team Leader is accountable for project impact as laid out in the program logical framework. S/he will monitor the quality of project implementation and work closely with sector and project managers and coordinators in ensuring that projects are implemented within CARE’s programming principles and humanitarian accountability framework.
The Team Leader has overall responsibility for the security and wellbeing of emergency staff.
The TL will help position CARE Uganda to raise its reputation as a credible humanitarian actor, with a focus on Gender Based Violence prevention, care and support but also gender in emergencies more generally as standalone components and / or integrated in other sectors (WASH, Shelter, protection).
The Team Leader reports to the CARE Uganda Country Director.
The post will be based in Arua, West Nile, Uganda and has an estimated 40% travel time to field.
- Assessment, Program Design and Planning
- Project Management and Implementation of the Emergency Program
- Staff Management and Leadership
- Representation and Public Relations and Media
- Safety and Security
- Program Support
- Financial Management and Planning
- Knowledge Management
- Master Degree
- Minimum of 5 years humanitarian aid experience in complex and natural disasters.
- High level of all aspects of managerial experience.
- Experience in complex decision making and leading a multi-disciplinary, multi-national team under difficult circumstances, including partnership management.
- The highest level of expertise in representation and negotiation with governments and donors.
- Strong understanding of the humanitarian emergency operating context, including Sphere, the humanitarian system, donors, security, civil military liaison and program management.
- Relevant language skills for the country of deployment (English).
- Experience in Emergency and Humanitarian programs management, policy & evaluation
- Leadership, organizational development & strategy skills.
- Planning, budgeting and financial management experience & skills
- Internal communications, teamwork and collaboration skills
- Shared and strong values of Gender Equity and Diversity in GBV programming
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CAREUSA&cws=1&rid=3683
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE USA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE’s career website at any time.
Powered by Jobs Uganda