Closing date: 13 Apr 2017
Since August 2016, 600,000 South Sudanese refugees have arrived in West-Nile. Caritas Arua is the social department of the Catholic Diocese of Arua and has come to their support through several emergency livelihoods projects. In order to harmonize different sources of funding, Caritas Arua is hiring an Emergency Coordinator. The Coordinator will report directly to the Director and is responsible for the coordination, quality and steering of all emergency response projects in West Nile region, while developing field team capacities to ensure well planned and effective interventions in the refugee settlements.
- Lead and coordinate all emergency response projects in Arua Diocese;
- Participate proactively in all humanitarian fora in West-Nile Region;
- Coordinate all project implementation through the field team and in collaboration with other implementing partners;
- Maintain an effective planning/monitoring system and ensure timely reporting;
- Coordinate program evaluations and reviews;
- Ensure optimal use of all human and logistics resources;
- Coach the field teams to ensure effective implementation and full understanding of expected program outcomes;
- Ensure regular and accurate analysis of spending, leading budget revisions in cooperation with the finance department;
- Ensure proper handling of distributions and stocks in the field offices.
Minimum 5 years experience in humanitarian work, Bachelor‘s or Master‘s Degree, excellent knowledge of MS Office (incl. Excel), proven coaching and leadership skills.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their application letter, CV and the contacts of 3 referees before 14 April to the Executive Director, Caritas Arua Diocese (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Powered by Jobs Uganda