Organization: Danish Refugee Council
Closing date: 19 Apr 2017
The Community Service Assistant- Resettlement (CSA/R) is directly responsible for the operational implementation of all Community Service/ Resettlement activities in the assigned DRC-DDG target areas in accordance with the DRC Program Handbook.
He/ She is responsible for complying with donor and internal DRC reporting and accountability policies and procedures.
He/She also supports the protection sector in quality implementation of activities.
- Tracing applicants for resettlement interviews
- Arranging logistical support (meals, accommodation and transport) during circuit rides and country missions.
- Coordination (logistic support) with IOM for MAF, exit departures and any other activities under IOM.
- Provide support for refugees from Rwamwanja under resettlement considerations, including meals, transport, accommodations.
- Escorting applicants to different interview venues.
- Ensuring refugees get permission to travel for interviews from OPM in case they are moving in large numbers.
- Ensuring accountability of funds after every circuit ride.
- Responsible for interpreters in Kyaka, including selection (in consultation with UNHCR), contract issues and training. Preparation of monthly interpreters’ payments.
- Provide any other support to youth, PSNs, community mobilization for the community services unit.
- Preparing weekly, monthly and any other reports on resettlement and any other activities undertaken and submit to the Community services officer and the resettlement focal person UNHCR as may be required.
- Work closely UNHCR resettlement team to ensure smooth running of the resettlement activities in the field.
- Take lead in community mobilization and conduct community meetings.
- Conduct needs assessment of counselled cases referred from IOM/UNHCR and collaborate with other stakeholders to ensure that their needs are met.
- Any other duties assigned.
How to apply:
Applications should be in English and include the following:
A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria and salary expectations.
Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
The application should be sent to email@example.com and the subject line should read.**Community Service Assistant/Settlement.** The deadline for submission of applications is the 19th April 2017.
We thank applicants for their interest in the position however; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Powered by Jobs Uganda