Deadline : not later than March 6, 2017
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 33 networked branches and 7 contact offices countrywide, an equal opportunity employer and is regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003. Pride is now looking for a competent dynamic energetic individual to fill 1(one) position of Senior Credit Manager-Agricultural Lending. The Senior Credit Manager
– ALS will be based at Head Office reporting directly to the Head of Credit Business and will supervise Regional Managers and Credit Analysts.
The ICT Security Manager reports to the Head ICT and is responsible for developing and implementing ICT security for networks, servers and applications that are inline with Pride’s ICT policies, and responding to security events and threats to ensure stable operations of the organization’s ICT system.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Promote business continuity through implementing security measures in compliance with Pride’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure implementation of periodic revision of IT security strategy, policies and standard as per the business requirements.
- Ensure the security and safety of corporate databases and IT infrastructure against viruses, hackers and intruders.
- Ensure that IT Security training needs are identiﬁed and processed promptly and are undertaken at the appropriate time.
- Oversee the regular update and maintenance of the registers for physical access to the bank ICT secure areas.
- Supervise the selection, acquisition and maintenance of current, cost effective and appropriate security technology products for network, systems and data.
- Plan, design and carry out testing of the disaster recovery plan (DRP).
Minimum Academic Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/IT or in any other relevant/related field from a recognized institution.
- Professional IT security certification such as CISSP/GIAC/SSCP/CISA is a must.
- Cisco Certification CCNA, CCNP, CompTIA Security+ and Certified Ethical Hacker are added advantage.
- At least 4 years of experience in a related environment.
Desired Competencies / Skills
Ideal candidate should have the following competencies:
- Business acumen,
- good time Management,
- Stress Management,
- Reporting, Written Er Oral Communication,
- Quality Control,
- Decision Making,
- Team building,
- Problem solving,
- Change Management,
- Emotional intelligence,
- Advocacy, Motivation, Negotiation.
- He/she should not be more than 35 years of age.
Job application procedure
If you believe you meet our requirements, have the necessary skills, you desire to succeed and make a difference, then apply and send a detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates / transcripts, postal address, current salary, salary expectation, names of 3 referees and a daytime telephone contact to the address below so as to reach not later than Monday, March 6, 2017. Those who applied previously are encouraged to re-apply. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. If you do not hear from us by March 24, 2017; please consider yourself unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.